Annual Meeting attendees have spoken by choosing the subjects they most want addressed at “Hot Topics” (S018), one of the meeting’s most popular sessions. Be sure to attend from 1 to
4 p.m. Friday in Hall D to hear about the nine topics chosen.
The symposium topics were derived from the recommendations of meeting registrants, who listed their top three subjects.
Led by director David E. Cohen, MD, MPH, the session will be a potpourri of contemporary issues that currently affect the specialty. Expert speakers will tackle the topics in an interactive manner, designed to stimulate debate and minimize controversy. The topics and speakers:
- 1 p.m. Introductions and Contact Dermatitis; David E. Cohen, MD, MPH
- 1:15 p.m. Melanoma/Cutaneous Oncology Update; Allan C. Halpern, MD
- 1:35 p.m. Sunscreens/Photoprotection; Henry W. Lim, MD
- 1:50 p.m. New and Emerging Therapies for Psoriasis; Kenneth B. Gordon, MD
- 2:10 p.m. Health Care Reform: How It Will Affect Us; Brett Coldiron, MD
- 2:30 p.m. Drug Reaction: New Drugs and Reactions; Neil Shear, MD
- 2:50 p.m. Facial Sculpting and Fillers; Derek Jones, MD
- 3:10 p.m. Acne: What’s New; Diane M. Thiboutot, MD
- 3:30 p.m. New and Emerging Therapies for Atopic Dermatitis/Eczema; Eric Simpson, MD
- 3:50 p.m. Questions