Welcome to the first day of the 74th Annual Meeting, where cutting-edge dermatology research will be presented and relevant practice issues examined in an improved meeting format designed to help everyone attend more events.
As you plan your schedule for Friday, be aware that Focus sessions now last one hour and all afternoon courses will take place from 1 to 4 p.m. Also, note that the Exhibit Hall, in Halls A, B, and C, will be open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday.
If you are looking for the AAD Resource Center, it is now part of The Connection, in Hall D, and it will be open from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. The Connection also features networking lounges, ePoster Viewing Centers, Poster Presentation Theaters, and the Standardized Patient Workshops. It also will host the Sunday Plenary.
Don’t miss the “Hot Topics” session from 1 to 4 p.m. in Hall D, where nine topics chosen by attendees during early registration will be presented by leaders in the specialty.
Another Annual Meeting favorite is the “Gross and Microscopic Symposium” from
9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday in Room 149. It will feature 192 presentations about clinical dermatology, with attention to new and interesting observations. Presenters will discuss a variety of dermatologic cases with clinical, surgical, and pathological correlations.
Other must-see events on Friday:
- 7:30 to 8:30 a.m.: “The Impact of Drug Pricing on Access to Care: Demystifying the Landscape,” in Room 140B
- 9 a.m. to noon: “What’s New in Dermatopathology,” in Room 103B
- 11 to 11:45 a.m.: “Industry Expert Session: Discover the Possibilities of Newly Approved Enstilar® (calcipotriene and betamethasone dipropionate) Foam, 0.005%/0.064%,” in Exhibit Hall A
- Noon to 1 p.m.: Unopposed exhibit time
- 12:15 to 1 p.m.: “Industry Expert Session: In Atopic Dermatitis, Looks Can Be Deceiving,” in Exhibit Hall A
- 5 to 6:30 p.m.: Residents Reception at the Marriott Marquis, Marquis
- 5 to 6:30 p.m.: International Member Reception at the Marriott Marquis, Marquis Ballroom 6
- 5 to 6:30 p.m.: Young Physician and New Member Reception at the Marriott Marquis, Marquis Ballroom 7-10
- 5 to 7 p.m.: Career Networking Event at the Marriott Marquis, Marquis Ballroom 5